New Inventory and Finished Projects

Happy March!

My past month has been productive, I’ve gotten more books read than I did all of last year (I’ve been trying to read more and watch less). I’ve also finished a lot of quilting projects! Still on my to-do list is building a website, which I’ll be trying to work on regularly here soon. I haven’t had much computer time up to this point (my toddler doesn’t cooperate well for me to be on the computer).

I’ve added quite a few listings to my Etsy Shop – so go check it out! Here are some pics of the items I have added:

Other projects I have finished include this baby quilt:

DSC06818_1

DSC06820

I’m in love with this quilt, and for that reason could not bring myself to sell it. I’ve been working on it a long time but finally got around to finishing it (I wasn’t in a rush because I love it for myself). If this next baby is a girl, I’ll be keeping it for her. If not, I will have to find a close friend or family member having a girl to give it to. I could not part with this one to a stranger as I am too attached.

I also finished a Valentine’s Day gift for my husband. I followed this pattern over at Clover & Violet LLC to make an ereader cover for my husband’s kobo mini. Unfortunately, I was not very happy with this tutorial. It is free, so no complaints there. However, I would NOT recommend it for beginners. Some of the steps are incredibly vague and require you to make some guesses and improvise. I also am not a huge fan of how the inside turned out. It seems messy and not very cleanly finished. Overall, I was happy with the finished product but I won’t be using this tutorial to make more covers. I have another pattern I am planning on trying out for my own ereader cover.

Last but not least, I finished a project for myself! Although you could argue it is more for my toddler…

I made myself a high quality, involved car organizer! I am so happy with how it turned out. I need to sew a stitch line that I somehow missed and only realized once I put items in it, but beyond that it turned out perfectly. I followed the Simplicity 2916 Pattern (following B and skipping the CD pockets). I believe I purchased it when JoAnn’s was having the patterns on sale for $1.99 each. I would say it is intermediate sewing level and have a few tips for it: You will need a large (denim) needle. There are points where you are going through 5+ layers and your sewing machine will hate you. The pattern calls for 2 packages of bias tape. Buy 3! I ran out 20 inches short of finishing and had to run out and get another package. Any part of the pattern that you cut out that says “CD Pocket” I’d skip unless you actually store CDs in the backseat of your car. I used flamingo fabric I’ve had for a few years and it turned out so fantastic!

DSC06835

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “New Inventory and Finished Projects

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s